The Wintry Forest stencil from Pinkfresh Studio has to be one of my all-time favourites, I think. To make up a batch of cards, I decided to pull out my sticky mats. I got 12 panels ready and made up three at a time using some different ink combinations. 

The first combination I tried was Evergreen Bough + Pine Needles with a layer of Sparkle Texture Paste on top. Next, I used Spun Sugar + Shaded Lilac + Evergreen Bough + Villainous Potion + Pine Needles and added on some Snowfall Grit Paste to the snow layer on the trees. I think that toper ended up being my favourite!

For the next trio, I used Spun Sugar + Lost Shadow + Weathered Wood + Hickory Smoke + Evergreen Bough + Rustic Wilderness + Black Soot and put some Crackle Paste Opaque on top. When it dried, I noticed that the crackle paste took on some of the colour, which was not my desired effect. Maybe I should have waited until the ink was drier!

For the final three cards, I used Shaded Lilac + Evergreen Bough + Pine Needles and then sprayed the top snow layer stencil with some Unravelled distress mica stain. I had lots of excess spray remaining on the stencils, so I quickly grabbed some cardstock to soak it up and hopefully provide some pretty backgrounds to a couple more cards! All in all this was a fun way to make up a batch of cards and try out some different ink combinations that I haven't tried before! I added in some quick sentiments from the genius Pink Fresh Basic Banners: Christmas set heat embossed in silver.

Christmas Card Count: 42 + 12 = 54

Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Stamps: Basic Banners: Christmas (Pinkfresh Studio)
Inks: Black Soot, Evergreen Bough, Hickory Smoke, Lost Shadow, Pine Needles, Rustic Wilderness, Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Villainous Potion, Weathered Wood
Dies: Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn); Basic Banners (Pinkfresh Studio)
Stencils: Wintry Forest (Pinkfresh Studio)
Other: Crackle Paste Opaque, Snowfall Grit Paste, Sparkle Texture Paste, Unravelled distress mica stain (Tim Holtz)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS