June 05, 2015 in ,

Basil Pesto

I have an abundance of basil blooming right now and wanted to make some pesto! But I must say, I get quite annoyed with pesto recipes I come across. How much is 3 cups of basil leaves, really? Here's my take on the sauce in what I find more "realistic" terms.

Basil Pesto
2 handfuls Basil leaves
1 handful Italian Parsley
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 red chile 
2 tbsp. pinenuts, toasted
1 small block Parmesan cheese, grated
Sea salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2-3 tbsp. olive oil

Throw all ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor and pulse. Drizzle in 1 tbsp. olive oil and pulse. Monitor consistency of pesto and add more olive oil in small amounts. Cook pasta according to  package directions. Drain pasta and toss with pesto. Serve with extra grated Parmesan on top.

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS