March 06, 2016

nothing is impossible

Today I set out to make a card for someone who has just finished their teaching practicum at our school. It was tricky to figure out what kind of a sentiment I wanted on the card...thank you? congratulations? ... instead I went in a different direction of "dream big" and "nothing is impossible" now that she has almost completed her teaching degree. I finally got to play around with this fantastic hot pink foil my aunt sent me for my birthday and used it along with the Color Throwdown palette. I used the sketch over at Viva la Verve and included 3 brads to link up with the Heart2Heart challenge. I figured with the smooth texture of the foil and the bumpy embossed paper I could also link up with the "touchy feely" challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Paper - Free To Be Me paper collection; Black, White Daisy cardstock (CTMH); 
Heidi Swapp 3x3 card set (Minc by Heidi Swapp);
Stamps - Words of Wisdom, Blue Skies (Verve); Dies - All Aflutter (Verve);
Embellishments - Black Medley (CTMH).
SHARE 7 comments

Add your comment

  1. What a great way to encourage a soon-to-be teacher! Love the foil paper with the encouraging sayings on it and you managed to squeak in that "three" element (plus there are three words in your sentiment... Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! Love both new cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect sentiment for wishing a new teacher well! Love the shine of that foil paper. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, great job with the colour combo.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card, Allie! The pink foil looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous! Love that foil panel. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the colours they are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS