March 15, 2016 in ,

Potato Salad for Two

Spring Break is finally here and we are in Maui! My husband and I decided to get a condo this time so that we could do some of our own cooking. I haven't seemed to be doing too much of my own cooking lately, which really is such a shame because I love it and it is a good stress release for me. In thinking about cooking in such hot weather I immediately thought of BBQ which then lead me to things that go with BBQ - like potato salad! I LOVE potato salad and usually pride myself on making a glorious creamy version with bacon; however, in the hot weather I thought we would prefer one that could withstand being out in warm weather. Here is my version:
Potato Salad
serves 2
Fingerling potatoes
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. Old Style Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 green onion, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
2 handfuls of mixed greens (I used a mix of spinach, kale, red and green chard)

Chop potatoes into bite sized chunks and put in a pot. Cover with water and boil until you can easily stick a fork through the potatoes. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, mix dressing (everything but the mixed greens). When ready to eat, add dressing gradually to potatoes (you may have some dressing leftover). To serve, lay a handful of mixed greens onto the plate and top with potato salad.
-------
And I don't think I can post from Maui and not include a picture of our beautiful surroundings. Here is a picture of us enjoying the sunset on our deck. Hoping to have some more delicious cooking adventures during this break!

SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. It's gloomy & raining here in Toronto!! Looks a tad nicer in Maui. Yummy looking potato salad, too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous!!! Looks fabulous and that potato salad is perfect! One of my favs. Hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to be having this recipe in Hawaii, but have decided to have it tonight in Arizona...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS