April brought about a mix of emotions along with some very meaningful gestures from positive people in my life. I was able to end the month and start May with one of the most peaceful and pleasant things I have done in the past year. Here are my top pictures of the month:
Making a Fairy Garden and spending time with my Mom  
My friend Gill and I going to one of my favourite spots along the Goat River.
Reconnecting with my friend, Nadine, and enjoying a walk along another beautiful part of Goat River after a fantastic meal at the Kootenay Thai restaurant in Creston.
Chris and I planted a Muckle Plum tree on the 22nd from our parents on our property that will bloom with pink flowers near the end of April in honour of Paris. Chris also made a bench at work and put it beside the tree.
Peace and serenity at the Meditation & Mindfulness Yoga Retreat in Lake Louise.
At the Meditation & Mindfulness Yoga Retreat I was given a beautiful journal to write down my thoughts throughout the weekend. My top words or "North Star" (guiding star) of the weekend were Calm, Peace, Mindfulness, and Balance. I learned about Heart Math and Loving Kindness, and started a nightly routine with Chris where we share 1 highlight, 1 thing we are grateful for, and 1 thing we appreciate about each other. I set some intentions that I hope to keep as I move forward to a busy time of the year in my personal and professional life.

One of my April goals centred around reading for me. During the past year (and especially now while doing my Masters) I have found it difficult to pick up a book and read for me. I was able to enjoy some great literature this past month, but I am still having trouble getting into fiction again. Here are some books, though, that I did truly enjoy:

Tiny Beautiful Things - Cheryl Strayed
The Merchant of Venice - William Shakespeare
Essential Muir: A Selection of John Muir's Best Writings - Fred D. White
Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
Daily Om - Madisyn Taylor
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Beautiful photos, such wonderful days to reflect.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS