January 15, 2017

Birthdays Are Cozy

Here is another card I made this weekend with some of my Ai goodies using the awesome sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch. I decided to experiment with a new technique to join up with the Art Impressions gallery. This time I played around with embossing first, then stamping over top using my Tombow marker ink and then using a water brush to give it a watercolour effect. It was tricky not to have the tree colour bleed into the background colour! I chose to make it into a birthday card to link up with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge as well.
Paper - Distressed Watercolour paper (Tim Holtz); Black, Slate cardstock (CTMH);
Stamps - WC Tree Set (Art Impressions); Birthday Classics: January (PTI);
Dies & Embossing Folders - Wonky Stitched Squares (MFT); Argyle (Cuttlebug);
Embellishments - Matte white gumdrops (YNS); Markers - N65, 451, 969.
SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. Allie - your winter tree is WONDERFUL!! So glad that you're enjoying your new Art Impressions goodies - thanks for joining our challenge this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Love the background and the snow! Magical I should say. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp Winter Birthday Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally makes me smile! Super pretty take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS