I was SO excited to see a favourite sketch challenge come back this week - Mojo Monday! I needed a birthday card for my friend's daughter and set to work. She is born on Halloween, 5 days after my son! Jamie and I grew up across the street from each other, so it is pretty neat to have our kids so close in age.
Last October I was stoked to see the arrival of a beautiful fall set from Verve stamps. I fully intended on making a few fall cards with it, but SURPRISE! Harvey decided to come a few weeks early and then once I got back into my craftroom the snow was flying :). I knew that I wanted to incorporate these Verve pumpkins somehow without making a full on Halloween card. I had intended on colouring the pumpkins but ended up quite liking them in the white. This sweet little owl seemed to be fitting and I know I'll get lots of use out of this October birthday set from Papertrey Ink. Finally, I paired all of this with some fun paper I received from Lawn Fawn in my package - check out the name of it! I am linking up with the Lawn Fawnatics "bling it out" challenge and the "animal antics" challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I also decided to make a little matching tag to go along with the card!

Paper - White Daisy, Black, Kraft, Silver glitter (CTMH); Wicked Witch Line Dance (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps - Jump for Joy (Lawn Fawn); Birthday Classics: October (PTI); Falling Leaves (Verve)
Dies - Stitched Circles (SSS); Falling Leaves (Verve); Shaker Tag 1 (Studio Katia)
Ink - Archival Black (CTMH); Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed distress ink (Tim Holtz)
Markers - N65, N95, 933 (Tombow)


FabricLand released some NHL prints this fall and I thought it would be cute to do up Brooklyn's gift in a little bag of her Daddy's favourite team.

SHARE 4 comments

Add your comment

  1. This is such a sweet birthday card, Allie! Love the colors and the touch of glitzy paper. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute pairing the owl with the pumpkins! Love your reusable packaging, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! LOVE all the glitter!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the purple with the glitter!!! and the coordinating tag is soooo cute!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS