A gloomy day just begs for some watercolour time! I am loving the Canson cold press watercolour paper that I picked up at our local art supplies store at Cranbrook Photo. The heavyweight of the paper is perfect and I really like how the ink moves on it. I have been playing around with these blooms all week and am finally satisfied with them after some helpful tips from my Auntie Karen! I wanted to create a card for my friend's wedding shower and she loves the colour purple. I thought the simple "love" sentiment that came along with the dies for this set was perfect to use in a gold foil. I wanted to keep the background simple but add a bit of visual interest so I pulled out an embossing folder - haven't done that in a long time!

Paper - White Daisy (CTMH); Cold Press Watercolor paper (Canson)
Ink - Archival Black (CTMH)
Stamps - Spring Bouquet (Studio Katia)
Markers - 158, 603, 606 (Tombow)
Embossing Folder - Simple Chevron (CTMH)


SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. This is absolutely the perfect card, Allie! Great job with the painting... but the gold die cut sentiment, and background embossing are the perfect touches :o)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS