It is my dream and goal to one day paint my front door turquoise. I think it is such a beautiful and calming colour and would love seeing it on my front door. For now, I'll settle seeing it on this beautiful wooden door from Art Impressions! I love painting this door. The original stamp is a snowy scene but I omitted some elements to make it an everyday door. I did one of the doors in a more turquoise tone and the other more blue. I can get frustrated, at times, while watercolouring with my markers thinking things aren't turning out the way I want them to, however, oftentimes when it finally fully dries (hours later) I am in love with the results! I wanted to keep the cards clean and simple and played around with the sentiment placement. I am linking up with the current watercolour challenge over on the Art Impressions Blog!

Paper - Distress watercolour paper (Tim Holtz)
Stamps - Wooden Door (Ai); Thank You (CTMH)
Markers - N45, 158, 373, 443 (Tombow)




SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Your clean and simple design is beautiful, as is your watercoloring! Thank you for joining in the Watercolor Stamping Challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS