I needed some retirement cards and had an idea in mind revamping a card design I used a couple years ago. I love this sweet little muskoka chair die from Taylored Expressions. This time, I decided to do the ink blending with my new Masking Stencils - Rectangles from Taylored Expressions. I used the smaller of the rectangle outlines and held it in place with the handy Pixie Spray


I knew I wanted to use Speckled Egg distress oxide ink for part of my blend to create the illusion of sitting at a lake at sunset. When I was searching out some combinations, I came across Kristina Werner's oxide combos.


These cards use Speckled Egg + Ripe Persimmon + Walnut Stain


I used sentiments for a couple of the cards from the Wonderful World stamp set and then made a couple more that simply say, "Happy Retirement."


Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Earl Grey, Blue Corn (TE)
Ink: Speckled Egg, Ripe Persimmon, Walnut Stain distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Wonderful World (TE); Word Card Puzzle (CTMH)
Stencils: Masking Stencils - Rectangles (TE)
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS