I was recently very inspired by Kelly Lunceford's post on The Greetery blog with these gorgeous sunflowers. I loved the idea of using yellow cardstock and adding detail with distress inks. 

I decided to use two different colours of Close To My Heart yellow cardstock from my stash and paired them with Wild Honey + Spiced Marmalade distress oxide inks around the edges of the petals.

I then used Ground Espresso distress oxide ink to spatter on my petals and centers of my sunflowers, as well as the background.

I also loved the look of the Windowpane Plaid on the Halfsies dies. I just LOVE sunflowers, especially at this beautiful time of year!

Paper: White (PTI)
Ink: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Ground Espresso distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Sentiment Suite: Birthday; Windowpane Plaid (The Greetery)
Dies: Halfsies Diamond, BotaniCuts Sunflowers (The Greetery)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS