We have some very special birthdays coming up this next week including for our son, Harvey! When I first saw the Lift The Flap Tree Backdrop come out from Lawn Fawn I immediately started dreaming up Harvey's 3rd birthday card using the three trees.

Here is a little video to show how you can open and close the flaps with hidden things inside - so fun!

I chose a light grey cardstock to make Harvey's trees to match the Poplar trees that are all around our yard. He loves apples so I thought it would be fun to stick some inside one of the trees, along with a bird in another, and a '3' from Oliver's Stitched 123s in the final tree. I got a great tip from Chari Moss, one of the talented designers from Lawn Fawn, to trace the inside circles of the trees onto black cardstock and then cut the circles out slightly larger than your traced circle and adhere to the back.

In trying to work smart, I thought I would make a second 3rd birthday card for my friend's daughter as well as a 1st birthday card for another friend's daughter. I enjoyed playing around with the Lawn Fawn Into The Woods Remix paper collection to create backgrounds and hillsides. I inked up the trees and hillsides with a little distress oxide ink to give them some definition.

I added in a little speech bubble to each card to have someone calling out "Happy Birthday". For the first birthday card, I decided to trim out two of the trees and then thought I could add in a little forest friend holding a balloon. Wouldn't it be great if we could have eco-friendly woodgrain balloons :) ?! I do not have any balloon dies from Lawn Fawn but I did happen to have something that worked from Studio Katia. I added in some twine that came wrapped around a Lawn Fawn package to create a string for the balloon. All of the critters were coloured up using my Tombow markers on Canson Coldpress Watercolour Paper.

Most of the supplies used to make these cards were purchased from The Papercrafters Workshop which just so happens to be doing a feature on me and my crafting this coming week! You can catch me for a Q&A on their Facebook Live this Sunday, October 25 at 10am MST.

Paper: Into the Woods Remix; Kraft, Fog, Black Licorice cardstock (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Ground Espresso, Forest Moss, Black Soot distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Forest Feast, Jump For Joy, Cheery Christmas, Happy Village (LF); Sentiment Suite: Birthday (The Greetery)
Markers: N25, N65, N95, 025, 452, 761, 856, 933, 969, 977, 990, 992, 993 (Tombow)
Dies: Lift The Flap Tree Backdrop; Stitched Hillside Borders, Forest Feast, Jump For Joy, Cheery Christmas, Happy Village; Oliver's Stitched 123s (LF); Balloons (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS