June 10, 2021 in , , , ,

Caesar

 Did you know that the Caesar is Canada's national drink? I did not! Here, on this stamp, it is called a Bloody Mary - I definitely like our name better! I absolutely love these blueprint stamps by Tim Holtz. I was very inspired by my Aunt's recent cards with them and she very kindly sent out some blank ones for me to colour up - thanks, Auntie Karen!

Masculine cards are always a challenge for me. I knew I wanted to colour up these caesars with my Tombow markers to make a birthday card for my brother-in-law. I decided to make a few up using similar papers and some awesome simple layouts that I got from my Aunt!

I have had these golf themed papers from Stampin' Up for awhile and have meant to use them sooner! For me, golf + caesars = our family summer cabin when my Aunt and Uncle come from Toronto to see us all, so I thought this would be the perfect combination.

I used a combination of my Tombow greens for the celery (062 + 126), lime slice (195), and olives (177), and blended them out with some water and a paintbrush. I outlined some of the ice cubes and then the shadows already present on the stamped image to create my red (885) Caesar drink. Finally, I added a bit of blue (451) to the glass, the shadow, and the name.

I added a little Wink of Stella glitter pen to the rims of my glasses where the salt rim is indicated. 

I REALLY struggled to edit the photos of these cards to showcase the true red! After many days of playing around with different editors and receiving some helpful tips from a good photography friend (thanks, Josie!), I finally edited them in the Lightroom app I have on my phone and am mostly happy with the results. After applying the Orchard preset from the Jilly Presets I have, I used the auto feature and then focussed on the saturation levels, in particular the red and the green, in order to attempt to truly represent the colours.

Paper: Country Club (SU); Blue Corn (TE); Saffron (CTMH)
Stamps: Cocktails Blueprint (Tim Holtz)
Markers: 062, 126, 177, 195, 451, 885 (Tombow)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. These are such great masculine cards! Your uncle loved his :o)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS