I recently found out that I got another position teaching at our local college! I will be team teaching another University of Victoria course in the teacher education program. This course is the first year seminar course in preparation for the first teaching practicum in the program. To celebrate, I just HAD to make a card for my new teaching partner!

I decided to make two similar cards to celebrate another colleague friend who just got a new job. I started out by stamping Virtual Friends and the Virtual Friends Add-On onto Canson coldpress watercolour paper. I decided on five main colours of Tombow markers and chose a couple of plaid backgrounds. 

I wanted to make a room scene with hardwood and a baseboard, so I chose a couple of colours from my Woodgrain cardstock. I used a pierced Studio Katia die to frame out my background.

I ended up wanting to add some books to my scene, so I took out Den Sweet Den. My desk was getting a little crowded so I thought it would be cute to put a plant on top of a stack of books. My chair was looking a little empty so a laid open book flopped over it made it look more complete.

The desk accessories from the Virtual Friends Add-On are so fun! I am wishing I added some steam to the coffee cup but am trying not to go back and add it in - maybe for the next card :). I popped up some of my elements on foam pads to add a bit of dimension.

Paper: Perfectly Plaid Remix, Woodgrain (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Archival Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Den Sweet Den, Virtual Friends, Virtual Friends Add-On (LF)
Dies: Congratulations Border, Den Sweet Den, Virtual Friends, Virtual Friends Add-On (LF); Darling Ribbons & Frames (Studio Katia)
Markers: N15, N65, 025, 126, 373, 553, 555, 565, 947, 969 (Tombow)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS