I was so excited to start working on this card to celebrate our nephew's 4th birthday after taking Jenn Shurkus' Scootin' By course. I learned so many great tips for colouring and stenciling - especially with this new Lawn Fawn set! Our nephew loves to scooter and I really wanted to create an interactive card for him.

I started out by creating my hillside using the Slimline Simple Grassy Hillside stencil. I used Rustic Wilderness for the grass and Salvaged Patina for the sky. Next, I cut out my road using the Slimline Simple Roadway Border using Black Licorice cardstock and some yellow cardstock I had in my stash. After adhering my roadway to the card, I cut out a slider using one of the dies from the Large Slimline with Sliders die set. 

I decided to make my scootering fox be the mobile element. I loved adding on all of the little details with my glue pen - the helmet, the present, the balloons, and the cute little puffs of smoke! I used my Wink of Stella pen to add in some sparkle to the balloons and present. I adhered them so that he could be doing wheelies all the way down the road :). 

I added in the horn and the 'honk' 'honk' to the scootering bunny. I just love this set - it's so fun!

Paper: Black Licorice, Perfectly Plaid Remix (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Stamps: Scootin' By (LF)
Ink: Rustic Wilderness, Salvaged Patina distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black, Black (CTMH)
Markers: 025, 195, 443, 451, 452, 725, 761, 933, 947, 992, N55, N65 (Tombow)
Dies: Large Slimline with Sliders; Scootin' By; Slimline Simple Road Border (LF)
Stencils: Slimline Simple Grassy Hillside (LF)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS