September 15, 2021 in , , , , ,

Preschool

 Harvey is off to preschool this month and I just HAD to make him and his little friend a card to celebrate! The Pete the Cat series is a big hit in our house, so when I heard there was a preschool book I jumped at the chance to order it from our local bookstore, Huckleberry Books

Karen over at Cards Stamps and Ink inspired me with her rainbow coloured cards a few weeks ago, so I pulled out my Tombow markers and set to work. I decided to create a slimline card so that I could spell out the word, "Preschool". I cut out my slimline panel using the largest of the Lawn Fawn Large Slimline with Sliders die. Next, I decided on my rainbow of Tombow markers and drew three lines of each colour diagonally. After covering the entire panel, I took the smaller of the dies from that set and cut out a rectangle in the centre of the panel. From that smaller rectangle, I centered "preschool" using Oliver's Stitched ABCs dies. 

I made two cards by using the negatives leftover from the dies. To centre the letters, I used the negative as a guide first before gluing it down on the second card.

I had an extra set of helper hands when photographing my cards! Gotta be quick these days :)

Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Dies: Large Slimline with Sliders, Oliver's Stitched ABCs (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: 025, 243, 296, 373, 528, 555, 603, 606, 723, 725, 847, 905, 933, 993 (Tombow)

SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. Such fun cards! It's genius how you got two cards out of one panel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.samsung refrigerator compressor reset

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS