It was my cousin's wedding this weekend up in the Caribou! My cousin, Jill, is always up for an outdoor adventure, so when I saw the Build-a-Campsite from Lawn Fawn I knew that would be just what I needed to make her a special wedding card.

I used the Forest Backdrop to start planning my card. I wanted to pair it with the Watercolor Wishes Rainbow papers and settled on a yellow sky. I feel like this scene shows the spectacular sky that you might wake up early to with a cozy fire when watching for a sunrise in the mountains. I used the Mountain stencil and Pumice Stone distress oxide to add some mountains in the background. I am linking up with the Lawn Fawnatics spectacular skies challenge.

To make the tent, I was really loving an older plaid from Perfectly Plaid: Chill and thought it would look fantastic as the inside of my tent. I paired it with the cream Let It Shine paper and inked up some white cardstock with Turmeric ink from Pigment Craft Co. that matched up. I just had to add the little tent peg in there with some Silver Foil paper.

Now, for the finishing touches. I decided to put two bears in the tent for a couple of reasons. Though my cousin is currently working on a job involving grizzly bears, before she had that job, bears were actually the inspiration/motivation behind her proposal last year. I chose the colours of the bears based on the bride & broom's hair colours. I also just HAD to include the CAMP sign somehow on this card because that is what we call our family cabin that we meet up at each summer. I decided to add in Jill & Teresa's initials to the woodgrain paper in the top corner - almost to be like they were carved into a tree. I masked letters and added a sentiment from Reveal Wheel Sentiments.

Paper: Ground Coffee, Into The Woods Remix, Knock On Wood, Let It Shine, Perfectly Plaid: Chill, Woodgrain cardstock (Lawn Fawn); Solar White (Neenah); Silver Foil paper (CTMH); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Archival Black, Black, White Daisy (CTMH); Turmeric (Pigment Craft Co.); Forest Moss, Pumice Stone distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Den Sweet Den, Reveal Wheel Sentiments
Dies: Den Sweet Den, Forest Backdrop (LF)
Stencils: Mountain (LF)



SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. oh my goodness! this is so sweet! those cute bears are just the sweetest sleeping in the twilight! love the mountains and the sky in the background! SO cute!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I love the camping theme so much. The mountain backdrop is perfect! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS