I am SO excited to share my first flippy flappy card! I LOVE how it turned out :). 

It has been my goal this Christmas to shop local as much as possible. This includes shopping Canadian-made goods, BC shops, and local stores in our city of Cranbrook. For our close friends and family this year I decided to get some gift cards to local stores. This card was created especially for a special book-loving friend and her family with a gift card to our favourite bookstore, Huckleberry Books.

I started out with the Den Sweet Den set and used four bears to represent the four members of her family. I just adore how the mama bear can hold a book! I took out the Christmas Dreams set to help me set the scene and included my favourite accessory - the Santa plate. I also added four stockings to the fireplace.

I coloured up everything with my Tombow markers and added in some white gel pen details to the presents.

Here is a video to show how the flippy flappy mechanism works!

Christmas Card Count: 72 + 1 = 73

Paper: Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson); Let It Shine, Let It Shine Snowflakes, Woodgrain (Lawn Fawn); White glitter paper (CTMH)
Stamps: Christmas Dreams, Den Sweet Den (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Archival Black, Black (CTMH)
Dies: Christmas Dreams, Den Sweet Den, Flippy Flappy, Stitched Hillside (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: N15, N95, 055, 249, 452, 606, 856, 969, 990 (Tombow)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. I may have to get more of these bears, they're pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS