When you know you'll be attending a mermaid birthday party for a special little girl, you search for a mermaid stamp set! A BIG thank you to my Auntie Karen for getting this set out to me in time :). I love these flip-flop sets from Lawn Fawn that offer a mini version of a fun stamp set. This was perfect for what I had in mind.

I started by creating my ocean background by blending Salvaged Patina + Faded Jeans + Villainous Potion + Black Soot. Once it was dry, I added in some gold + silver paint spatters using my Beam Paints.

I wanted the mermaids to look magical and loved how Grace Camou had accented hers with white gel pen in her design team sample.

I decided to make one mermaid look like the birthday girl and I couldn't resist colouring up the other one like Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Once my Tombow markers were dry, I added in the white gel pen accents.

I would love to try these white gel pen sparkle accents in my water background one time, but got too intimidated for this card. Next time!

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Black, silver foil (CTMH)
Stamps: Mermaid For You Flip-Flop (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Salvaged Patina, Villainous Potion distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Giant Happy Birthday To You, Stitched Hillside Borders, Mermaid For You Flip-Flop (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: 296, 443, 606, 725, 885, 969, 990, 992, N15 (Tombow)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS