The Papercrafter's Workshop in Stouffville, Ontario has a fun contest going on right now - it is the owner, Sheri's, birthday this month and if you send in a birthday card you can be entered into a draw to win some papercrafting goodies! I love this shoppe and appreciate all of the awesome customer service I have received from Sheri and the team, so I knew I wanted to participate (thanks for the reminder, Auntie Karen!). All of my supplies for this card can be found at this amazing store!

 This card started out with me wanting to try out the beautiful new Saltwater Taffy distress oxide ink. I decided to ink up my Cloudy stencil and create a soft pink sky. Next, I wanted to use the Lawn Fawn Giant Happy Birthday To You to put in my sky and cut it out in both Guava + Sunflower cardstock. I decided that the entire sentiment took up too much room on my card, so I trimmed it down to just be "Happy Birthday". I decided to use some of the fun new critters from Berry Special and that got me singing "Strawberry Fields Forever" by the Beatles as I created my scene! I am linking up with the current challenge over at Lawnfawnatics to make a card inspired by a book, movie or song!

I thought I should ground my scene with some hills to fit the song and cut them out using the Stitched Hillside Borders and some Cilantro cardstock. I loved colouring up these little critters with their sweet strawberries and placing them around the card. I added in the wooden sign and stamped "You're Berry Sweet" on it.

I just had to add the sweet little bee and his fun trail to the sentiment. I added a touch of Wink of Stella pen to his wings to give him a little sparkle. I mounted my scene on some Gotta Have Gingham Rainbow paper in green to coordinate with Sheri's favourite colour! Happy Birthday, Sheri!

Paper: Cilantro, Gotta Have Gingham Rainbow, Guava, Sunflower (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Stamps: Berry Special (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Berry Special, Giant Happy Birthday To You, Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Saltwater Taffy distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black, Black (CTMH)
Stencils: Cloudy (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: N75, 177, 451, 452, 761, 847, 977, 993 (Tombow)



SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. love love love your inspiration for this card! the song is officially stuck in my head!! the card is SO sweet with those mice in the strawberry field!! adorable! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS