I love sunflowers and so when I saw this stunning image put out by Studio Katia this spring in support of Ukraine, I just couldn't wait to paint it.

I started out choosing a few greens for my stem. Using my Tombow markers, I went over most stem and leaf areas with 126. After water blending, I added in some further shadows using 098 and then blended it out with a water brush. Next, I added in some final shadows to the leaves with 177.

I chose a brown, 969, for the centre of the sunflower. For the petals, I started out with 025 and blended it out with a wet paintbrush. Once it was dry, I went in and added some dimension with 993 and then blended it out as well.

When everything was dry, I went it with some Beam Paints Northern Lights - Shell + Gold paints and added in some spatters around the image. Finally, I thought the coordinating sentiment, 'Here for You' fit really nicely beside the sunflower.

Paper: Distress watercolour (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Sunshine of Hope (Studio Katia)
Ink: Archival Black, Black (CTMH)
Markers: 025, 098, 126, 177, 969, 993 (Tombow)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS