Our little friend had to do something really brave recently, so I made up this fun mermaid slider card to send along with her. I wanted to create an "under the sea" theme and started making my background with Uncharted Mariner distress spray. This was my first time experimenting with it!

I diecut the Stitched Wavy Backdrop from Lawn Fawn onto Distress Watercolour Paper and then spritzed my paper first with water and then with the ink. I combined both spraying and drying to layer the die a bit. 

Once the background was dry, I grabbed my Northern Lights palette from Beam Paints and spattered on some different flecks. I decided to add a bottom panel of Kraft cardstock to my scene and added the distress spray stain to it as well.

I chose the Giant Sending Big Hugs die as my main sentiment. I cut it out in both Silver Foil + Sugarplum cardstock. I offset them as I glued them down onto my background. Next, I cut out the slider, which was quite difficult to do with all of the layers. To get more pressure, I used a different plate and ended up imprinting my silver foil. This created a different look that I didn't mind so I just decided to leave it! 

I coloured up my mermaid like Ariel and decided to add in a little fish from Duh-Nuh and colour him up like Flounder. I added in some white gelly pen accents and then added my mermaid to the slider. You can see a video of the slider in action above!

Paper: Silver Foil (CTMH); Distress watercolour paper (Tim Holtz); Sugarplum (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Stamps: Duh-Nuh, Mermaid For You Flip-Flop (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Uncharted Mariner distress spray (Tim Holtz); Archival Black (CTMH)
Dies: Stitched Wavy Backdrop: Portrait
Markers: 055, 296, 452, 603, 885, 990 (Tombow)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS