It's my baby's 2nd birthday today!

*update* I am thrilled to be featured on the Lawn Fawn blog this week!

I knew that I wanted to make a snowy card for his birthday, so I first set out to create a winter sky on a slimline card. I used Uncharted Mariner distress spray along with Salvaged Patina distress oxide spray. After drying and spritzing with water and drying again, I then added a few sprays of Shiny Bauble distress mica stain.

Next, I created our family in snowman using the Lawn Fawn Build-a-Snowman die set. I used Knit Picky Winter papers to create scarves and ear muffs! This is such a fun set to play around with!

My sky background was looking a little plain and I happened to have a couple snowflakes from the Snow Flurries Backdrop sitting on my desk. I decided to add '2' since it is Alex's second birthday.

I arranged the snow family onto the scene and popped a couple up with foam squares. The snowman representing 'Alex' is popped up the most.

I decided to add in the sentiment from the Snow One Like You set and chop it up on my snowy hillside to fill in the scene!

Paper: Black Licorice, Blue Jay, Chocolate, Fake Tan, Knit Picky Winter, Mermaid (Lawn Fawn); Solar White (Neenah); Distress Watercolour cardstock (CTMH)
Stamps: Snow One Like You (Lawn Fawn)
Inks & Sprays: Uncharted Mariner distress spray stain, Salvaged Patina distress oxide spray stain, Shiny Bauble mica stain spray; Tumbled Glass distress oxide ink (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Build-a-Snowman, Snow Flurries Backdrop, Stitched Hillside Borders (Lawn Fawn)


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS