My inspiration for these cards - if you can believe it - comes from a set on a show I have watched for years: The Young & The Restless! In their coffee shoppe, Crimson Lights, I have had my eye on some artwork in the background that is white sketched images on black, matted in white and then mounted on kraft. Admittedly, the images from the set also then have a final black mat around the whole image, but I didn't want to use up that much black cardstock - ha!

I love these Blueprint Christmas stamps from Tim Holtz and they worked perfectly for the design I had in mind. I couldn't decide between a lighter or darker kraft paper, so I decided to use two of the images and put one on each.

I personally like cards that do not necessarily have a specific sentiment on them. Sometimes it is nice to just have an image, and with the busy-ness of these blueprint sketches, I thought it best to not include a sentiment on the front.

Instead, on the inside of the toy soldier cards, I included this sentiment from The Greetery:


You can find these cards available at Fullfill in Kimberley! I was also able to make some for my stash too - yay!

Christmas Cards: 14 + 2 + 2 = 18

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice, Kraft, Paper Bag (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Christmas Blueprint (Tim Holtz); Sentiment Suite Christmas (The Greetery)
Embossing Powder: White (Ranger)


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS