Looks like this is my first Christmas card post of 2022! I've been working away on Christmas and feel like it's finally appropriate to post about it now :). I am absolutely in love with this StencilScapes Winter scene from The Greetery!

Deciding on my colour combinations was fun and a bit challenging! I laid out all of my distress oxides and tried to choose a combination that was complimentary in similar tones - I wanted a cooler look to the scene. I settled on Speckled Egg + Iced Spruce + Evergreen Bough + Bundled Sage + Walnut Stain + Festive Berries distress oxide ink.

I decided to make up both plantable + regular cards with this colour combination. I was needing some plantable Christmas cards for Fullfill and then wanted to create some regular cards for my Christmas stash. I created 10 of this design and kept 4 for my stash!

I loved watching this scene come to life! I was hesitant about the last step and adding the red, but came to think it made it more of a holiday card, which is what I was going for.

The scene looks so pretty on the plantable paper. Though I love the look of it on a smooth surface, the texture in the plantable paper makes it unique.

I can't wait to try some more colour combinations and adding in the layer of die cut trees to the sides for a different look!

Christmas Card Count: 4

Stencils: StencilScapes Winter (The Greetery)
Ink: Black Soot, Bundled Sage, Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries, Iced Spruce, Speckled Egg, Walnut Stain distress oxide (Tim Holtz)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS