It's the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and I am SO pumped I snuck in some time to make up a card! Making coffee cards is one of my absolute favourites (though I admit tea drinking is my thing, not coffee!), but there is just something really fun about making up a coffee card!

I linked up on the first day of the hop through instagram (#112) since I knew I wouldn't have time that day to write up a post, but now I am going to describe how I made my card.

I am really into dark brown lately and I just got the new Distress Mica Stain in Fallen Acorn so I knew I wanted to do something with it. I tried out a few snowflake stencils and was happy with the results I got using the Frosty Flakes stencil from The Greetery using some distress watercolour paper. 

I really went back and forth with what to do next and then realized I could still watercolour in the center of the card, even though it had some misty flecks from the distress mica stain. I took out the Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed Blueprint stamps and chose the mug. I stamped it in Archival Black ink and then coloured it up with a few Tombow markers. I LOVE how the spatters give the mug a pottery look! I chose a coordinating sentiment from the Note Quotes stamp set and spritzed the cardstock with the same stain to match the card front. I added some black twine and then popped my sentiment up with some foam squares.

Check out the gallery on the hop or on social media using #fallwinter2023clh

Paper: Distress watercolour cardstock (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Fresh Brewed Blueprint, Note Quotes (Tim Holtz)
Stencil: Frosty Flakes (The Greetery)
Tombow: 373, 969, 992 (Tombow)
Other: Distress Mica Stain - Fallen Acorn (Tim Holtz)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS