I decided to take out the Plaid Tidings: Very Merry set from The Greetery again to make up some of the last of my Christmas cards.

I was first inspired by Betsy's use of the stencil set to create a candycane stripe by using only half of the stencils in the set. I tried out a combination of Worn Lipstick + Lumberjack Plaid with a shadow of Rustic Wilderness distress oxide ink. I first made a die cut and then stenciled onto it and it all lined up very easily.

I added in some holly pieces and then decided I wanted to create a glittery shadow behind the words. I mounted it all using foam squares and then set it on a crimped frame background.

I got the layout idea from design team member, Wanda, to layer in a colour behind the crimped frame and I love how it turned out. I made these cards with a pop of green and then made a few more with a pop of pink.

Christmas Card Count: 68 + 4 = 72

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Clover, Raspberry, Silver glitter paper (CTMH)
Stamps: Plaid Tidings: Very Merry (The Greetery)
Ink: Lumberjack Plaid, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Worn Lipstick distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Crimped Frames, Plaid Tidings: Very Merry (The Greetery)
Stencils: Plaid Tidings: Very Merry (The Greetery)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS