My husband's birthday was this week and I found the PERFECT sentiment to use on his card ;)! This collaboration set from CZ Design x Simon Says Stamp has some great sentiments, but this one seemed fitting for Chris! This particular card design did indeed take awhile to put together, doing several steps over a long period of time! I did a major craftroom clean re-organization over the holidays and found some fun stuff to include in the design. I am linking this up with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge "let's celebrate".

The background was actually created by mistake while I was using some distress mica stain on a stencil before Christmas and there was a ton leftover. I quickly grabbed a couple nearby pieces of cardstock to mop up the extra and love the randomness of the colour it left. I cut a snowflake out of some of it and used the rest as my background piece.

I had some other white snowflakes lying around that looked nice so I decided to incorporate them too. I cut out the 'enjoy' from some silver foil cardstock and then did the outline die in vellum so that it would contain my letters but not take away from the snowflakes underneath. I decided to heat emboss the main sentiment in gold and just put it on a separate piece of white cardstock. I played around with the layers so that they were all combined but still readable. I am thrilled with the end result and my husband thought that card was pretty great, too!

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Silver Foil (CTMH); Distress watercolour cardstock (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Enjoy Phrases (CZ Design x Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Outside In Snowflake, Snow Flurries Backdrop (Lawn Fawn); Enjoy Phrases (CZ Design x Simon Says Stamp)
Other: Princess Gold embossing powder; Unravelled distress mica stain (Tim Holtz)



SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. ahaha-that sentiment!!! This card is soo fun and cool I'm sure your husband loves it! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS