Harvey had a birthday party to go to this past month and I couldn't wait to take out my Build-a-Castle set for it. I am linking up with the Lawn Fawnatics "all things birthday" challenge.

We started by creating the sky background together with some distress sprays. Harvey chose Salvaged Patina distress oxide spray + Ominous Twilight distress mica stain + Shiny Bauble distress mica stain and loved spraying it onto some distress watercolour paper. We set it aside to dry and when it was, I added in some silver spatters with my Beam Paints.

I cut out the castle in some white cardstock and then used a Brick stencil with some Lost Shadow distress oxide ink. I cut the tops of the castle out with some silver foil paper. I added in a princess in the window, coloured like the birthday girl, and a number '7' inside the sparkly door.

I set the castle in the clouds and used some Pearlescent Vellum to create them. I added in a birthday line border and was unhappy with how much my glue had shown through the vellum. A solution came to me to use the stars from the Hearts & Stars Skinny Tag cut out in the silver foil. I chose to do '7' to coordinate with the birthday girl's age.

Paper: Distress watercolour (Tim Holtz); Silver Foil (CTMH); Pixie Dust sparkle cardstock (Lawn Fawn); Solar White (Neenah)
Stamps: Tiny Fairy Tale (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Lost Shadow distress oxide ink; Ominous Twilight, Shiny Bauble distress mica stain; Salvaged Patina distress oxide spray (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Build-a-Castle, Happy Birthday Line Border, Heart & Stars Skinny Tag, Oliver's Stitched 123s, Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn)
Stencil: Brick (Lawn Fawn)

SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. This birthday card is adorable! The night sky is gorgeous and so dreamy! I love the vellum cloud border on the bottom, the silver sentiment, and accents! Also, the number 7 surprise is so clever! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!- Catherine for Lawn Fawnatics

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooooo lovely!! LOVE the 7 in the door frame!! LOVE the castle! it's sooooooo adorable! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS