I managed to make it into the craft room to make this card for my (almost) birthday twin and good friend, Natasha. I knew I wanted to make a nature-inspired card as she loves the outdoors, so I looked to my BotaniCuts Pinecone dies. 

This was my first time putting the pinecones together and after some trial and error I really love them! I had added some white spatters to my pieces before I assembled the card and I think next time I would do it afterwards.

I wanted to have a few colours for my sentiment fade into one another, so I chose Speckled Egg + Fossilized Amber + Ground Espresso. I was able to go in with a sponge dauber to get the middle colour in there. I created a wooden frame using Lawn Fawn woodgrain cardstock and two of the Nordic Frames dies. I created a coordinating envelope using the Flapables stencil and Peeled Paint + Pine Needles distress oxide ink.

Paper: Woodgrain; Paper Bag (Lawn Fawn); White (SU)
Ink: Speckled Egg, Fossilized Amber, Ground Espresso distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Simply Wonderful (The Greetery)
Dies: Simply Wonderful, Nordic Frames, BotaniCuts Pinecones (The Greetery)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS