My brother-in-law turns 40 this weekend and I just had to make him a special card to celebrate! With lots going on this week it took me awhile to decide on the design, but I finally found some inspiration from Wanda Guess and went from there!

I wanted to create a background like Wanda had using one of the Tim Holtz blueprint sketches sets and pulled out the beer themed one. I randomly stamped the images, both mini and full size, onto white cardstock using Vintage Photo distress oxide ink. 

Next, I used the same colour to ink around my edges and used a distress blade to rough my edges up a bit. I wrapped the bottom part with some burlap and mounted my panel onto some woodgrain cardstock with foam tape.

My most favourite part of the inspiration I got from Wanda was the grungy numbers that she created! I decided to cut my numbers out of black cardstock using some number dies from The Greetery. Next, I used a small sponge dauber to ink bits of the numbers with Versamark ink and then added Gold embossing powder. I love how it appears that the numbers are tarnishing! I added a small sentiment above to create 'Celebrating 40' on the card.

The last thing I wanted to do was to create a matching envelope for this card to play along with the Simon Says Challenge over on Instagram. I tried one of the mini blueprint images on the front of the envelope and then decided to also do a stencil from Tim Holtz on the envelope flap. Both are in the same Vintage Photo distress oxide ink. 

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Woodgrain cardstock (Lawn Fawn); Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Beer Blueprint Sketch, Beer Mini Blueprint Sketch (Tim Holtz); Digit Sentiments (The Greetery)
Ink: Vintage Photo distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Bold Numbers (The Greetery)
Stencils: Bubble (Tim Holtz)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS