I was in my friend Sarah's wedding last weekend down in Polson, Montana. We lived together in Victoria with two other girls, Micki and Aretha, for 3 years while we were going to the University of Victoria. Sarah asked me to put together this canvas for her guests to sign at the wedding that would showcase where she was from (Alberta) and where he was from (Montana). It turned out to be a great keepsake that now hangs in their home.
To make this I started out with an 18x24 white canvas. I mixed navy blue acrylic paint with some black acrylic to get a darker navy and painted the entire canvas. After that was dry, I painted on the Alberta and Montana outlines with rose gold acrylic paint and then carefully did the lettering with a paintbrush as well. I was very glad to have played with the layout ahead of time in a mockup with white paper that I created to-size so that I already had an idea of where everything was to go and around what size it should be. Guests were able to sign the finished canvas with silver and gold sharpies :)

SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS