For my mother-in-law's birthday this year, I decided to create a set of cards for her with a wine theme. I wanted to keep the cards fairly simple and found some inspiration on Pinterest from Francine. I decided to use my MIL's favourite colours on each card - purple and green.



I used stamps from a few different brands in my stash and coloured them up with my Tombow markers. The You Had Me At Merlot card is my favourite wine saying and this card ended up being my favourite that I created, too.


I created a green hue with bundled sage distress oxide ink on each card and then added my sentiment and coordinating wine glass and/or wine bottle. Then I coloured them up with my Tombow markers. I'm still working on achieving a red wine colour that I am happy with - this colour came out lighter with my editing, but was still a tad lighter in real life than I wanted anyways. I mixed dark purple, dark red, and dark grey, but it is something I will still play around with on future cards.


Paper: Coldpress watercolour (Canson)
Ink: Archival Black (CTMH); Bundled Sage distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: You Had Me At Merlot (Ai); We Do Yoga (Two-Lips); Uncorked (MFT); Time For Wine (SSS)
Markers: 126, 177, 249, 679, 847, 990, N25, N95 (Tombow)
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Oh my, Allie! These turned out just perfect! I love your design with the soft ink blending - a great CAS look on all of them.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS