One of my good friends wrote an amazing story called, Cornelius the Dragon. I really hope to see it published one day! In the months leading up to her daughter's birthday I couldn't wait to make a card inspired by her story with these Lawn Fawn sets. I was able to get most of the supplies for this card from The Papercrafter's Workshop and Cranbrook Photo - both Canadian shops, yay!


I decided to make a slimline card and set to work using the Cloudy stencil and some Speckled Egg distress oxide ink. I wanted to use the Knit Picky paper for my grass and used the Forest Line Border to add in some trees. I lightly added in some Pine Needles distress oxide ink to my trees and grass. 


I diecut my Build-A-Castle out of Narwhal and Storm Cloud cardstock and used the Tim Holtz Bricked embossing folder to add some texture to the main parts of the castle. I chose some Woodgrain cardstock for my door and drawbridge and lightly inked all of this with Hickory Smoke distress oxide ink.  


I stamped and diecut the Little Dragon + Tiny Fairy Tale characters onto Canson coldpress watercolour paper and coloured them with my Tombow markers. I love that I could create the dragon lighting the candles for the princess with his fiery breath! This card was so fun to create - I can't wait to play some more with these sets!

Paper: Narwhal, Storm Cloud, Knit Picky (LF); White (Neenah); Lilac (CTMH); Royal Purple (SSS); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Speckled Egg, Pine Needles, Hickory Smoke distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Black, Archival Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Little Dragon, Tiny Fairy Tale, Yeti or Not (LF)
Dies: Little Dragon, Tiny Fairy Tale, Build-A-Castle, Large Slimline with Sliders, Tree Line Border (LF)
Embossing Folder: Bricked (Tim Holtz)
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Truly a magnificent card. And your page is lookin' GREAT! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS