It was exciting to take out some Christmas décor today to stage photos of these cards! I got a fantastic idea from The Papercrafters Workshop Demo Days with Karen Day to use alphabet dies to create a shadow sentiment. I chose to use the word, "Noel," with this beautiful new Close To My Heart Jingle Joy paper. I was able to make 12 cards with this design - yay!

I used the Block Alphabet dies to create my sentiment and cut letters out of coordinating cardstock in Clover and Black.

I used my distress tool to rough up the edges of my paper and tried out some stitching with my sewing machine. I went around the paper once with a straight stitch and then went back around creating a wavy stitch - I love the effect! I also love the little peeks of cardstock underneath.

Paper: Jingle Joy, Clover, Black (CTMH); Toffee (TE)
Dies: Block Alphabet (CTMH)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Great job on the sewing! I love your distressed edges, too - I have to try this again :o)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS