Today was my Mom's birthday and I am so happy that I found some time to put together a card for her using some of my favourites from The Greetery! I just so happened to be given an incredible bouquet of flowers from MJ's Floral and was pretty stoked to pair it up with this card for my photo :).

I used a couple of Budding Beauties: Summer blooms and decided to put them into a watering can. I got out my new Salvaged Patina distress ink in hopes of creating a richly coloured can; however, my ink pad was overly saturated with ink and actually became unattached. I wasn't able to achieve the distinct layers I had envisioned, but managed to pull it together by adding a bit of Vintage Photo distress ink to the top layer.

I knew that I wanted to use my new birthday die but was struggling to find something to go with it. I finally decided on masking a sentiment from the Sentiment Suite: Birthday set. I have been staying away from coloured sentiments lately, but black did not seem quite right, so I decided on using Rustic Wilderness distress oxide. I put my arrangement together on a Postal Frames die cut and then created my Fond of Foliage background in my Mom's favourite colour, green, using Twisted Citron distress oxide.

I wanted my birthday sentiment to really 'pop' so I die cut it once with gold foil paper and then twice more with just regular white cardstock to raise it up.

Paper: Gold Foil (CTMH); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Salvaged Patina, Vintage Photo distress; Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry, Rustic Wilderness, Salvaged Patina, Spun Sugar, Twisted Citron distress oxide
Stamps: Budding Beauties - Summer, Sentiment Suite: Birthday, Fond of Foliage, Sprinkled With Kindness (The Greetery)
Dies: Budding Beauties - Summer, Let's Have A Word: Birthday, Postal Frames, Sprinkled With Kindness (The Greetery)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Major save on the watering can! This is such a great June birthday card :o)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS