I decided to make another personalized baby card to celebrate a friend having a baby recently. The name she chose, Brent, also happens to be the middle name of our son, Alexander! I was very inspired by Grace Camou's recent starry night sky card where she created a moon using an outside in circle die set. I loved the dark blue sky that she created with the puffy vellum cards and just had to make one myself!

I created my moon using white cardstock and then ink blended some Fossilized Amber distress oxide ink onto it and some of my white cardstock scrap. I then cut out some stars using my Hearts and Stars Skinny Tag set and put them aside to decorate with after. I ink blended my starry night sky by starting with Salvaged Patina in the middle and then blending out into Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire distress oxide. I was feeling that my edges were not as dark as I wanted, so I added in a tiny bit of Black Soot distress oxide. Next, I spritzed the background with water. After it was dry, I added in some Salvaged Patina spatters and then some white using watered down white acrylic paint.

I decided to use the sweet bears from Den Sweet Den to hang off of my moon. I stamped them onto Canson coldpress watercolour paper and coloured them up with my Tombow markers. Next, I die cut some puffy clouds out of pearlescent vellum and white cardstock. I also created the name 'Brent' using Oliver's Stitched ABCs

I chose my sentiment from Special Delivery (thanks, Auntie Karen!) to emboss on my starry background and then added in the stars that I had saved earlier. I gave each star a dusting from my Wink of Stella pen to add a subtle shine. 

Paper: Coldpress watercolour (Canson); Solar White (Neenah); Pearlescent Vellum (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Den Sweet Den, Special Delivery (LF)
Ink: Archival Black (CTMH); Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, Salvaged Patina distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Den Sweet Den, Hearts and Stars Skinny Tag, Oliver's Stitched ABCs, Puffy Cloud Borders (LF); Stitched Circles (SSS)
Markers: 969, 977, 992 (Tombow)

I found the baby name blocks from Canadian makers, Felker Finishing

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS