Here are the cards I made for our nephews to celebrate the arrival of the newest member of our family! Baby Jacob brings the total number of grandchildren on that side of the family to 10: 8 children earth side + 2 babies up in the stars.

I started designing these cards using the Lawn Fawn Hay There set, knowing that my sister-in-law loves a farm animal theme. I selected seven different farm animals and chose to do two chicks because both Jacob and our son, Alexander, are currently babies. I used the butterflies from Butterfly Kisses Flip-Flop. I stamped them all onto Canson Coldpress Watercolour Paper using Archival Black ink and coloured them up with my Tombow markers.

I stencilled a hillside using the Slimline Simple Grassy Hillside Stencils with Rustic Wilderness distress oxide ink. I then stencilled in some clouds in Salvaged Patina distress oxide. To personalize the card, I added in Jacob's name using Oliver's Stitched ABCs.

I had some farm animals leftover that I had already stamped and coloured, so I decided to make our nephew, Charles, a card as well. Every time I say 'Big Brother,' I think of the 1984 novel or the tv show so I decided on 'Big Bro'. I love the "Hay There" sentiment that comes with this set and thought it would be cute to say, "Hay There Big Bro," on the front of the card.

I found these beautiful handmade wooden tractors in a small shop out of Vancouver. AW & Co. makes them and offers personalization, so I got one for each of the boys.

Paper: Perfectly Plaid Remix (Lawn Fawn); Solar White (Neenah); Coldpress Watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Rustic Wilderness, Salvaged Patina distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black, Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses Flip-Flop, Hay There (LF)
Dies: Butterfly Kisses Flip-Flop, Hay There, Large Slimline with Sliders, Oliver's Stitched ABCs (LF)
Stencils: Cloudy, Slimline Simply Grassy Hillside (LF)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Allie, these are so crazy cute - and I love all the symbolism. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS