We have a few little friends headed to kindergarten this fall, so I set out to make them a card to go along with a book about going to school. Our local bookstore, Huckleberry Books, had a fantastic selection of books for back to school. 


I started with the bus and schoolhouse in the Village Heroes set from Lawn Fawn. I stamped them onto coldpress watercolour paper using Archival Black ink and then coloured them up with my Tombow markers. I tried to add in some brick details to my schoolhouse and aimed to keep my colours fairly subtle.

Next, I wanted to create a mountain scene. I decided to use my Taylored Expressions Circle Masking Stencils to block off a smaller scene. I stencilled in some mountains and a grassy hillside using the ink that was already on my blending brushes!

I really struggled to find just the right sentiment for these cards. I finally settled on the one from the Little Dragon set: May Your Day Be Filled With Adventure.

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Stamps: Little Dragon, Village Heroes (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Archival Black, Black, White Daisy (CTMH); Rustic Wilderness, Salvaged Patina, Speckled Egg, Wilted Violet distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Village Heroes (Lawn Fawn)
Stencils: Mountain, Slimline Simple Grassy Hillside (Lawn Fawn); Masking Stencils - Circle (Taylored Expressions)
Markers: N15, N65, 296, 451, 856, 992, 993 (Tombow)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. It's wonderful, Allie! I bet the kids loved them, and the books, too!

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS