My baby turns one this weekend and to celebrate we had a penguin party! Coincidentally, Lawn Fawn, came out with a set this fall called Penguin Party and of course it was perfect for what I wanted to create! I started out by colouring up all of the penguins with my Tombow markers.

Next, I cut out the Forest Backdrop in white glitter cardstock. I wanted aqua coloured mountains and used the Stitched Mountain Border with Sea Glass cardstock from Close To My Heart

I wanted to include Alex's name on the card and used Oliver's Stitched ABCs. They were looking a little plain on the white and after receiving some "cardvice" from my cousin, Aunt, and Mom, I decided to ink them up with some distress oxides - Salvaged Patina + Cracked Pistachio + Pumice Stone. Next, I spattered them with some silver paint from Beam Paints.

I used the trees from the Forest Backdrop and put them over to the side to create a mini scene with two of the penguins. On the other side, I coloured up the igloo with some cool colours to provide a space for the other two penguins.

I really wanted to use some of my fun new Lawn Fawn papers and decided on the silver snowflakes from the Let It Shine Snowflakes paper collection. I needed to add a '1' somewhere on the invitation and decided to cut out a heart from Scalloped Circle Gift Tag and a '1' from Oliver's Stitched 123s.

Paper: Clover, Sea Glass, White glitter cardstock (CTMH); Solar White (Neenah), Let It Shine Snowflakes (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Archival Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Penguin Party (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Forest Backdrop, Oliver's Stitched 123s, Oliver's Stitched ABCs, Penguin Party, Scalloped Circle Gift Tag, Stitched Hillside Border, Stitched Mountain Border (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: N15, N25, N65, N95, 373, 451, 761, 905, 991 (Tombow)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS