The enchanting story, Cornelius the Dragon, written by my good friend, Nadine, is now available in print! To celebrate, Nadine asked me to make up a card inspired by the story. Little did she know I have been planning on doing this for awhile and have been collecting Lawn Fawn supplies to go along with the theme :).  I am linking up with the Lawn Fawnatics challenge to create a scene.

I started with Little Dragon and coloured him up in the colours of Cornelius the Dragon. Since the story is all about a dragon who loves to garden, I pulled out the Garden Before 'n Afters and decided on the flower bed. I gave Cornelius a red watering can (just like he has in the story) from that same set. I chose a selection of Tombow markers to consistently use throughout the scene.

Next, I decided to set my scene using the Forest Backdrop using Cilantro cardstock. I used Noble Fir cardstock for the trees. When I first read this story, almost two years ago now, I pictured Cornelius' garden set in the woods. I thought I could also incorporate the strawberry vine from Berry Special and use the sign for a sentiment. I also just HAD to include the sweet little bee from that set and chose to place him in the top corner with his coordinating trail.

I needed to fill in the background of my scene and thought it would be best to use stencils since I had so many other die cuts. I wanted to keep my background fairly soft and light to not take away from the scene. Since we live near the mountains, I chose to start with the Mountain Stencil using Pumice Stone distress oxide ink. Next, I used Tumbled Glass for the sky and Rustic Wilderness distress oxide ink for the ground using the Slimline Hillside Stencil.

Paper: Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Ink: Pumice Stone, Rustic Wilderness, Tumbled Glass distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Berry Special, Garden Before 'n Afters, Little Dragon (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Berry Special , Forest Backdrop, Garden Before 'n Afters, Little Dragon (Lawn Fawn)
Stencils: Mountain Stencil, Slimline Hillside (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: 025, 177, 243, 249, 451, 856, 977 (Tombow)



SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. I'm totally gonna copy this idea!!!! LOOOOOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is soooo cute!! LOOOOVE the dragon watering the berries and flowers! so darling and so sweet! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS