I got this beautiful colour combination idea from The Greetery Designer, Norine Borys, and decided to use it on the second retirement card I was asked to make this month. I knew the Spring Mix from The Greetery would be a beautiful way to make these cards special for two special ladies!

This particular card is for a fellow crafter! She and I worked together years ago and so I wanted this card to be extra pretty as well. I used Fossilized Amber + Dried Marigold + Faded Jeans distress oxide inks for the blooms and then Ficus + Monstera inks from Pigment Craft Co. for the leaves. I also used Vintage Photo distress oxide ink for some of the flower accents.

Again, I mounted my scene on foil paper, but this time used Silver Foil paper for both the outline of my scene and then inside of the coordinating envelope. It is also very shiny but did not come through in the photo!

I found two other coordinating sentiments in the Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiments pack that I could use for this card. Happy retirement, Kathy!

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Paper Bag (Lawn Fawn); Silver Foil (CTMH)
Stamps & Stencils: Print Shop: Spring Mix (The Greetery)
Ink: Dried Marigold, Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Ficus, Monstera (Pigment Craft Co.)
Accessories: Foiled Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studio)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. Can't say enough about this colour combo - I need to pull this out again!

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS