Our son, Harvey, has been playing Blastball (aka T-ball) this spring and when his little friend on his team had a birthday I knew I wanted to make him a baseball themed card! 

I decided to create a scene using the Tiny Sports Friends set from Lawn Fawn on a panel from the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. I stencilled the Sunray Background Stencil using Salvaged Patina distress oxide ink but had some other ink on my brush that made it a bit darker. Next, I used Rustic Wilderness distress oxide to stencil in a grassy hillside. 

I coloured the two outfielders in blue to represent that team that Harvey and his friend, Nash, are on. I used my Tombow markers and then added in some highlights with my white gelly pen. 

I coloured up the batter in red to represent one of the other teams at Blastball. I love how you can make it look like the ball was just hit up into the air!


Inside the flippy-flappy element is a giftcard to Twisted Peaks Frozen Yogurt! You can see a reel of this interactive card on Instagram!

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Coldpress Watercolour (Canson); Let It Shine (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: All-Star, Tiny Sports Friends (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Archival Black, Black (CTMH); Rustic Wilderness, Salvaged Patina distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables, Tiny Sports Friends (Lawn Fawn)
Stencils: Slimline Simple Grassy Hillside, Sunray (Lawn Fawn)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. This is seriously adorable! I see you using this set a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS