September 06, 2022 in , , ,

Kindergarten

 Today was an exciting day in our house - it was Harvey's first day of kindergarten! I made up a card for him along with some extras for him to give to all of his little friends who were off to kindergarten today, too :).

I started by creating a Stitched Woodgrain Backdrop and then proceeded to create a chalkboard-like picture.

I used a Stitched Rectangle Frames die from Close To My Heart and cut it out in both Black and Woodgrain cardstock. I heat embossed the school bus from Village Heroes and then used my White Daisy ink to create a chalk-like smudge around the image. I used the woodgrain frame to outline my chalkboard.

I added in the cute crayon font sentiment from Close To My Heart's School is Here set. I felt like there needed to be something a little more, so I found the perfect apple to add from Forest Feast. Finally, I added in some green twine at the top of the card.

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Black (CTMH); Woodgrain (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour (Canson)
Stamps: Village Heroes (Lawn Fawn); School is Here (CTMH)
Dies: Stitched Rectangle Frames (CTMH); Stitched Woodgrain Backdrop (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Archival Black, Black (CTMH); Rustic Wilderness distress oxide (Tim Holtz)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS