We had Harvey's 5th birthday party on the weekend. He wanted a construction theme and I had the perfect set to use from Pretty Pink Posh.

We love all of the Goodnight, Goodnight Construction books and I thought I would turn to that for inspiration. I started with the original book and found a pretty sunset scene. I printed out the invitation details and then started with my background.

I got out the Sunray Background Stencil from Lawn Fawn and used Fossilized Amber + Crackling Campfire + Villainous Potion distress oxide inks.

Next, I took out the Slimline Hillside Stencils with Vintage Photo distress oxide ink and created some hills.

I coloured up all of the little diggers from the Pretty Pink Posh Constructions Trucks set with my Tombow markers.

After the markers were dry, I went back in with a white gelly pen to add some highlights.

I popped up some of my diggers with foam tape and also added in a few dirt mounds to the scene. To finish it off, I add a gold foil '5' diecut to the top of the card.

Paper: Gold Foil (CTMH); Coldpress watercolour paper (Canson)
Stamps: Construction Trucks (Pretty Pink Posh)
Ink: Crackling Campfire, Fossilized Amber, Villainous Potion, Vintage Photo distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black (CTMH)
Stencils: Sunray Background Stencil (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Construction Trucks (Pretty Pink Posh); Bold Numbers (CTMH)
Markers: N15, N25, N65, 055, 451, 676, 847, 885, 933, 969, 993 (Tombow)

SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

  1. I love everything about this! Your party favours were really cute :-)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS