Let these be my most intricate, time-consuming Christmas cards of 2022! I don't know why I do this to myself! These cards took FOREVER! Though I am pleased with the results :).

I started out by wanting to create a pinkish winter sky with the Stencilscapes Winter from The Greetery. I had seen something similar from Angelica Conrad on the design team and chose my own colour palette of Saltwater Taffy + Tattered Rose + Cracked Pistachio + Pine Needles + Ground Espresso + Lumberjack Plaid distress oxide ink.

When stencilling, I decided to leave out the trees as I knew that I wanted to add in the coordinating die cuts trees. I die cut double layers for each tree and then sprayed one set with the Merry Mint distress mica spray. I ended up letting them dry for a few days so that the colour was really set.

Next, I trimmed the other set of trees so that just the top layer of snow was left and added them on top of my sprayed trees. Then I adhered these to the card base in the tree positions and cut off the overhang. 

Finally, to finish off the cards, I added in some white snow spatters - I really need to work on this technique! I used the Tagged Elegance set to add a sentiment to the top of my scene.

Christmas Card Count: 46 + 6 = 52

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Ground Coffee (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Cracked Pistachio, Ground Espresso, Lumberjack Plaid, Pine Needles, Saltwater Taffy, Tattered Rose distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Tagged Elegance (The Greetery)
Stencil: Stencilscapes Winter (The Greetery)
Dies: Frosty Pines (The Greetery)
Spray: Merry Mint distress mica spray (Tim Holtz)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS