My UVic reading course started up this week and I wanted to make some welcome cards for my students. I was feeling very uninspired with the supplies I had, so my crafty friend Tammy lent me some fun supplies to play with!

I decided on the stack of books from Love Is In The Pages by Unity Stamp Co. I really wanted to colour it up with some Tombow markers, so I stamped the image onto distress watercolour paper.

I added in the sentiment 'Chapter One' from the Chapter One set because I thought it was fitting for the beginning of a reading course! I used the Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables to cut out the panel and then mounted it onto some older Close To My Heart papers I had in my stash. I was unsure how to colour up this stack, but I found a sample from Shilo Miles that I could follow along with the shading. I made up 15 of this design and love how they turned out!

Paper: Distress Watercolour Paper (Tim Holtz); 
Stamps: Chapter One, Love Is In The Pages (Unity Stamp Co.)
Dies: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Archival Black, Black (CTMH)
Markers: 055, 133, 373, 755, 977, 990 (Tombow)


SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS