I am beyond EXCITED to announce that I am a Design Team Member for Studio Katia! I have been using this Canadian company's amazing products for years and I am thrilled to be a part of the team. For my first project, I just had to pull out the daisies from the Daisy Bunch stamp set. First, I stamped the daisies onto a piece of white cardstock using a black archival ink using my stamping platform. I left the stamp setup so that I could come back to it later. I then diecut that panel using the dotted rectangle from Dotted Patterns Set 1

Next, I took out a yellow pencil crayon to colour in the centres of the daisies and a white pencil crayon to colour in the flower petals. After that, I took out my blending brushes and made a blend along the whole panel using Shaded Lilac + Squeezed Lemonade + Salvaged Patina distress oxide inks. I spritzed the inked panel with a bit of water. 

Then, I went back to my stamping platform and stamped the daisies again in black archival ink. I decided on a sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set to go on an inside banner from the Mini Slimline: Set One dies and embossed the sentiment in white on black cardstock. To finish off the card, I mounted my panel onto some patterned paper from the Colorful Stripes Paper Set using some foam tape. I then secured this all to a card base using crafty adhesive tape.

You can find a tutorial of this card on YouTube or check out my reel on Instagram!

I decided that I also needed to create a coordinating tag to go along with this card so that it could be used for Easter! I took the same Daisy Bunch but this time masked off some of the flowers so that only a few of them would show at the base of my tag from Dotted Patterns Set 1.

I then followed the same technique described above by colouring the flowers with white + yellow pencil crayons and then ink blending over top. I used a 'Happy Easter' sentiment from Mini Easter Sayings and stamped it in black ink. 

Next, I cut out another tag from the Colorful Stripes Paper and this time also used the swirly line die from Dotted Patterns Set 1 to make a slot for a gift card! I used the crafty adhesive tape to outline the back of the tag to stick them both together (careful to make sure the gift card slot remained accessible). I added some twine to finish off the tag.

Supplies:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (Lawn Fawn); Colorful Stripes Paper (Studio Katia)

Stamps: Birthday Greetings, Daisy Bunch, Mini Easter Sayings (Studio Katia)

Dies: Dotted Patterns Set 1, Mini Slimline Set One (Studio Katia)

Ink: Salvaged Patina, Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black (CTMH)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS