Today I am over on the Studio Katia Blog sharing a quick birthday name shaker card! My son needed some birthday cards for a birthday party for twins in his class. First, I took out the Black on White Paper Set and die cut a background using the Mini Slimline: Small Hearts Cover. Next, using the Chunky Alphabet, I die cut each of the names out of white cardstock.
*TIP* save the negative cardstock from the die cut letters to hold the letters for easy ink blending

I used my blending brushes with two different colours of distress oxide ink to give the letters some colour. Next, I used my liquid glue on the bottoms of the letters and sprinkled some chunky sparkle glitter and majestic glitter and put them aside to dry.
*TIP* sprinkling the glitter over the letters (as opposed to dipping into glitter) creates a look that is not too uniform

Once the letters were dry, I placed a Mini Slimline - Shaker Pocket onto my grid mat and used the lines to help me adhere the letters on straight using some more liquid glue
*TIP* be sure to remove the top layer of film on the shaker pockets

Flipping the shaker pocket over, I used some crafty adhesive tape along the flaps. I took off the backing of just three of the sides and put my background paper in place.
*TIP* secure the background paper to the shaker pocket on three of the sides using a bone folder and leave one side open to add in embellishments

I had so much fun choosing some coordinating embellishments for each shaker card! Studio Katia offers so many great choices! For Lucas' card I used: Metallic Blue Sequins + Ocean Wave Crystals + Sparkling Sea Confetti; for Morgan's card I used: Floral Sequins + Mallow Crystals + Pastel Rainbow Confetti.
*TIP* use the triangle trays to organize the embellishments you plan on using for easy pouring

You can find a video tutorial of these cards on YouTube and a reel on Instagram!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:

Paper: Black on White Paper Set (Studio Katia)
Ink:
Lucas - Mermaid Lagoon, Uncharted Mariner distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Morgan - Shaded Lilac, Villainous Potion distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Chunky Alphabet, Mini Slimline: Small Hearts Cover (Studio Katia)
Embellishments:
Lucas - Majestic Glitter; Metallic Blue Sequins, Ocean Wave Crystals, Sparkling Sea Confetti (Studio Katia)
Morgan - Chunky Sparkle Glitter; Floral Sequins, Mallow Crystals, Pastel Rainbow Confetti (Studio Katia)
Other: Blending Brushes, Bone Folder, Collapsible Heart BowlCrafty Adhesive Tape, Glue, Mini Slimline - Shaker Pockets, Triangle Trays (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS