Today I am over on the Studio Katia Blog sharing my latest project: a Spring Roses watercolour card + matching tag! I took out the Spring Roses stamp set and stamped the roses in a clear pigment ink on a piece of watercolour cardstock that was 4 1/8 x 5 1/2. I sprinkled some gold embossing powder over the image and heat embossed it. Next, I took out the Simple Dotted Borders and used the straight dotted line over the left edge of my watercolour panel to give some interest.

*TIP* The Simple Dotted Borders single line of dots does not cut your panel, it only imprints the dots.

I coloured the leaves with Tombow 249. I applied colour going out from the vein of each leaf and then a bit down at the bottom of each leaf. Using a wet paintbrush, I brought out the colour to the rest of each leaf. I coloured the roses using Tombow 755 + 847 markers. I applied the pink to the areas of each flower that were coming together and then went back over top with a red marker to deepen the colour when I added some water. I took a wet paintbrush and started on the colour and dragged it out over each petal.

*TIP* Embossing an image that you want to watercolour can help the colour stay in the image and not bleed out everywhere (though it still will if you use too much water!).

*TIP* Using a colour on top of another can help give you more depth and a unique colour when you pull at it with a wet paintbrush.

I added a sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set in black at the bottom of the panel. I wanted to add a bit of an accent to the side of my card, so using the Black on White paper set, I cut out a 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of diagonal stripes and glued it on the top left side of a card base. Next, using some 1/8" foam tape, I popped the rose panel up and mounted it on the card base. I added in some Clear Drops Mix 2 embellishments using an embellishment wand and some liquid glue

I decided to create a matching tag and took out the Dotted Patterns Set 1 dies. This time, I turned the Spring Roses so that they would fit better on the tag. I heat embossed them in gold again on the watercolour cardstock and coloured them the same way. 

I cut out another tag using the Black on White paper set and used the slotted die in the middle of the tag. Then, I adhered it to the back of the watercolour tag so that it could hold a gift card! I chose a sentiment from the Spring Roses stamp set and heat embossed it in white on a small piece of black cardstock. 

I used some 1/8" foam tape to mount it onto the tag. I then added in some Clear Drops Mix 2 embellishments to the front of the tag as well.

You can find a video tutorial on the Studio Katia YouTube channel and a reel on Instagram!

Thank you for stopping by today! 

Paper: Black on White paper set (Studio Katia); Distress watercolour cardstock (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Birthday Greetings, Spring Roses (Studio Katia)
Ink: Black, Versamark (CTMH)
Dies: Dotted Patterns Set 1, Simple Dotted Borders 1 (Studio Katia)
Embellishments: Clear Drops Mix 2 (Studio Katia)
Markers: 249, 755, 847 (Tombow)
Embossing Powder: Princess Gold (Ranger)
Other Supplies: 1/8" foam tape, Collapsible Heart Bowl, Embellishment Wand, Glue, Triangle Tray (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS